Saturday, May 11, 2013

The one with the 466 and 644

Sweat & fellowship, it's a guy thing. It's a God thing.
10th May.

4.66km. 6.44 mins/km pace.

Started the day with a run with 3 brothers: 2 of them my cousins. And we had a good fellowship over breakfast. It's only friday, but it's my 4th run since monday! It's amazing how God is using exercise, and being a running partner/ buddy, to create opportunities to get together and to spend 'guy time', or 'Bromance time'. And I love it!

Got invited to Uncle C's birthday lunch, with the family and it was so fun, and such an amazing feeling to be surrounded my family, and with our family, its constant jokes.

Went for a food tasting session, my first, and such a blessing and honour to be there tonight. It felt like an avalanche of food into my stomach, but it was truly an enjoyable time, and to be in the midst of such joy and laughter, wow.

The sister from the 1-year-old lunch texted me tonight as I was returning home, and it is so humbling, yet encouraging to hear of what God is doing, and has done through that one lunch meeting. And as she shared in summary her journey since that day, I'm just so awed to be part of His journey with her, even if it was just one lunch meeting. Yet it will be a lunch meeting I will remember.

On the way home, because of all the drinks I had during dinner, I had a full bladder, and it was really full, and uncomfortable, but I was at the bus stop and with no toilet in sight, and my bus arriving, I pleaded to God to sustain me. And so I arrived at my bus stop, alighted, and as I was walking home, I glanced onto the roads and saw cars zooming by, and I dreaded my walk back in such a state, and I just thought,"If only someone would give me a lift home..."

And after maybe 10 steps, my mum called me, and asked if I was walking home, and she said she was at the bus stop, which was 10 metres from me! I GOT A LIFT HOME!!!!!

Running home to the toilet from the carpark, I was just thanking Him...even something like this.

He loves me too much... :)

What a day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Open Panel

Blogroll